The Crowdstacker Innovative Finance ISA (IFISA) has launched. Crowdstacker is one of a few peer to peer (P2P) platforms currently able to offer this new category of ISA and you can open your new Innovative Finance ISA from this date.
Until now ISAs (Individual Savings Accounts) have broadly fallen into two categories – cash ISAs and Stocks and Shares ISAs. This new category – the Innovative Finance ISA (IFISA) is designed for peer to peer investing - where investors can lend money directly to businesses looking to borrow - eliminating the banks in the process and allowing you to earn tax-free returns (subject to your tax status).
Crowdstacker allows you to earn higher returns on your money and help British businesses borrow at reasonable interest rates. All of Crowdstacker’s P2P investments are carefully screened with a high level of due diligence. We only work with businesses that have a good operating cash flows and/or a robust balance sheet.
Here are just some of the benefits:
- Earn higher returns on your money, currently up to 7% per annum tax-free.
- You can use your annual allowance of up to £20,000 (available to UK residents) across all three ISAs - cash ISA, Stocks & Shares ISA and the Innovative Finance (IFISA) to invest in P2P.
- Easy to apply online or by post in just a few minutes with just your bank details and National Insurance number to hand.
- If you apply online you will have the benefit of accessing your account 24/7 keeping up to date with your balance and interest earned.
- You can transfer in part or all of your existing ISA pot (any funds from cash ISA or Stocks and Share ISA accounts you may have from previous tax years).
- Opportunity for you to support growing and established British businesses.
- Interest payments are paid directly back into your Crowdstacker IFISA account.
- It’s completely free to open an Innovative Finance ISA account with Crowdstacker.
You could also build up your tax-free pot year upon year across your different ISAs, using the maximum available ISA allowance. So in year 1 (2017-18) you can save £20,000 without paying any tax on the interest received. At the end of year 2, this could be compounded to over £35,000 by adding the additional annual limit. Over time this could add up to quite a large pot of money all completely shielded from tax.
I’m interested, what can I do now?
If you would like to find out more information please click here.
You can open your Crowdstacker Innovative Finance ISA here.
View available investments here.