What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer hard drive by your browser as you use and navigate around this and other websites.
What do cookies look like?
A cookie has a domain, name, value and expiry.
- The domain ring fences the cookie, so only web applications running within that domain can read the contents of that cookie. This is for security.
- The name is a label for the cookie. We have replaced some parts of the cookie name by "id" on this page.
- The value is the content of the cookie and made of alphanumeric and other readable characters. We do not show any example cookie values on this page.
- The expiry is the time after which the cookie is, or can be removed. Cookie expiration depends on their intended use and will vary between cookies. Some cookies expire after a few seconds or minutes, some remain until you close your browser, some cookies are retained between browsers sessions and are deleted after a set period, which could be years and some cookies are actively deleted and/or replaced by the web application. We do not show any cookie expiries on this page,
Why do we create cookies?
Our web application creates cookies to provide you with a better service and to enhance our service offering.
Some cookies are created by Third Party applications that are used by our web application. Some of those Third Parties have relationships with other parties, who may also create cookies when you use our website.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Functional Cookies required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies allow the collection of information about how you use our website, such as, how you move around our website.
- Targeting Cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and links you have followed.
How to manage cookies
Each browser will have a different method to manage cookies, allowing you to view, delete and block cookies. Some Third Party applications may provide a method to block their cookies.
Cookies created by our web application
Normal usage of our website can create a number of different cookies within the crowdstacker.com cookie domain. These are Functional Cookies and Analytical/Performance Cookies. We detail each cookie by name individually in the table below.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Usage|
|__cfduid||Used by one of website hosting providers (Cloudflare) to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. Click here for more information.|
|__qca||Used for website ranking by Quantcast. See below for more on Quantcast..|
|_ga||Used by Google Universal Analytics to track traffic to our website. This cookie contains a randomly generated number as a client identifier. Click here for more information.|
|_gat||This cookie name is used by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate on high traffic sites.|
|Used by OptinMonster to control Crowdstacker subscription pop-ups, so you only see them occasionally. Click here for more information.|
|SSESSid||Our web application uses this secure session cookie to maintain your website login between pages.|
|visitor_id||Used for tracking by Pardot. See below for more on Pardot.|
|webform-id||Used by our web application to enhance the security of website forms.|
|Used for site optimisation by Optimizely. See below for more on Optimizely.|
Cookies created by Third Parties
All such cookies are listed in the table below. The table includes the cookie domain, the cookie names and a brief description of the Third Party with a link to their website's page on cookie usage. These are Analytical/Performance Cookies and Tracking Cookies.
|Cookie Domain(s)||Cookie Name(s)||Third Party Information|
|optimizely.com||cdn||Optimizely makes customer experience optimisation software for other companies. Cookie information|
|Sizmek Media Mind is an advert serving platform. Cookie information|
|DoubleClick is a subsidiary of Google which develops and provides Internet advertising serving services. Cookie information|
|Vimeo is a video-sharing website allowing users to upload, share and view videos. Cookie information|
|Adnxs is a portal for publishers to the AppNexus online auction exchange used to sell advertising space. Cookie information|
|facebook.com||fr||Facebook is an online social media and social networking service. Cookie information|
|Bing is a web search engine owned and operated by Microsoft. Cookie information|
|quantserve.com||mc||The Quantcast service is used to reveal unique audience insights. Cookie information|
|B2B Marketing Automation by Salesforce. Salesforce provides Customer Relationship Management services. Cookie information|
|google.com||NID||Google is a technology company specialising in internet-related services and products. Cookie information|
|Scorecard Research is part of the comScore, Inc. market research community that studies and reports on internet trends and behaviour. Cookie information|
|Rubicon Project is an online advertising technology firm that buys and sells advertising. Cookie information|
|yieldlab.net||id||Yieldlab is a supply side platform and solution for private marketplaces within Europe’s publishing industry. Cookie information|
If you have any questions about our usage of cookies on this website, please contact us.